Saturday, December 4, 2021

ALONG THE EDGE - SNOW

This morning my card challenge is AAA Cards Challenge #204 - "Along the Edge" + Optional Twist "Snow". I have a strong preference for mostly white cards so that's the direction I went on this one. I'm also sending it over to Tic, Tac Toe Challenge #142, following the bottom clues across - Embossing/Winter/White on White.



I started this card with a side-folded white card base. I die-cut a stitched rectangle out of the same 110# cardstock and blind embossed it with a Darice snow embossing folder. I stamped the sentiment from PTI's "Christmas Cheer" with Memento "Gray Flannel" dye ink and glued the rectangle in place. I layered one of the die-cut trees from Sizzix/Jim Holtz #660978 Thinlits die and trimmed it from the right side of the card. Finally, I decided to add a red die-cut cardinal for dramatic effect (Impression Obsession #DIE079-U "Birch Trees"). I lined a coordinating envelope with red metallic vellum.







Added December 11, 2021:



7 comments:

  1. that's a fair amount of snow..you can keep it..hehe..lovely stuff if you can stay indoors ;-) Love the pop of red cardinal. great card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The pop of red from the cardinal is perfect. Love this one, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card with a lots of snow! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the pop of red with all the white!
    Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Loving the tiny pop of red. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of red against the white-on-white, along with the vertical sentiment. Fabulous Fran! Thanks for joining us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white on white with a pop of red and how you complimented it by lining the envelope. Nice extra touch!

    ReplyDelete