Sunday, January 9, 2022

AAA GUEST DESIGNER

I'm very pleased to be included in AAA Cards Clean & Simple Challenge #206 as Special Guest! I like the new mood board concept for 2022. Given that as I write this we have been under a layer of snow, it was hardly a stretch to come up with an appropriate image as suggested by the mood board!




I've been on a jag lately of mini slim line cards - I'm really enjoying the scale of these little cards - so decided to go with the smaller format for this card. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I have now made an envelope template to fit. The finished card measures 3-1/4" x 6-1/4". I started with a white side-folded card and added a slightly smaller metallic blue stock on which I had heat embossed the sentiment from Penny Black's "Merry Up" with Stampendous! "Detail Silver" embossing powder. The die-cut snowflake is also a Penny Black product - #51-561 "Snowflake Tag". I die-cut the outline of the tag from patterned metallic white cardstock and then die-cut the interior snowflake from the larger outline. After adhering the larger tag to the card and trimming the right edge, I threaded a scrap of silver narrow ribbon through the center hole of the snowflake and glued this to the card, adding some dimensionality. This photo shows the various metallic elements:
   


Here's the link to the challenge. Take a look at the beautiful cards the Design Team members have created and try your own hand at it!


 




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous wintery colors and take on our mood board. Thank you for being our Guest designer this fortnight at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete