Tuesday, January 4, 2022

STARTING THE YEAR WITH A SNARK

I've been following The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for a couple of months, hoping to participate on a regular basis, but mostly my resources aren't particularly snarky. I can see that may require a New Year's resolution - more snark (not to be confused with "more cowbell")! Well, today is my first foray into snarkiness for 2022 with SSS#200 - "S is for Snarky". I used a couple of stamps from Riley & Company that I purchased a couple of years ago for St. Patrick's Day.


This started as a 5-1/2" square side-folded card. On a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped this Riley & Company #FBP-019 with Memento's "Tuxedo Black" ink. I applied PTI "New Leaf" with a Tim Holtz Collection stencil and blending brush as a background. I slipped this layer between the card base and a 5" x 5" square that had been die-cut with an oval. I felt like the hand and cup needed to be accented more, so I re-stamped the image, fussy-cut the cup and hand, colored it with Copics markers, and attached it with dimensional foam.


The final step was to heat emboss the sentiment (Riley & Company #RWD-695) with Stampendous "Detail Black" powder onto a strip of dot-printed paper. I radius-trimmed the right side of the strip and punched a hole to thread black and white baker's twine around the card front and glued it in place. I also slipped a small piece of the dotted strip at the left side between the layers for more dimension.

So, here's to 2022 snarkiness:



   
I'm also sending this over to Just Us Girls Challenge #613 - "Beverage"



Added January 11, 2022:





6 comments:

  1. Love the card and the snarky sentiment...the colors are subtle and tie the card together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love it EVERYTHING about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I enjoyed your post and I love your snarky card! The added twine was a nice touch! Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls and good luck with more snark...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at your post title! What a fun card, Fran. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb! What a fun card. Thanks for playing with the sisterhood, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessssssssss....more snark AND more cowbell!!
    LOL
    So glad you joined us and played along!
    Thanks for celebrating all things snarky with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!
    Off to find my irish whiskey cream

    ReplyDelete