Saturday, January 1, 2022

2021 IN RETROSPECT

I have to admit that I am positively giddy about seeing 2021 in the rear-view mirror! Of course, I felt the same way about 2020, not knowing at that time that we would still be in plague mode through 2020 (and 2021). 

2021 was saddened by the loss of our beloved Sara in May and we're still feeling a bit tender around that event and not quite ready to jump into inviting a new dog into our home. Our kitties continue to delight us with their playful antics.


But, despite the above I have much to be thankful for going into the New Year. My husband and I are still healthy, as are our son, daughter-in-law, and our three grandchildren. And, while my brother and his family in West Virginia all caught COVID, they each recovered nicely - no one was hospitalized. 

2021 was a very productive year from the standpoint of cardmaking - I served the year on the Design Team for Addicted to CAS and participated in many challenges that stretched my abilities. I did a couple of fun Guest Designer shots for Just Us Girls and AAA Cards. The international cardmaking community is a loving one. I've really enjoyed the contact with such creative and thoughtful people and will continue my participation into the New Year. I'm also very thankful for my followers who have been so generous in their encouragement.

On the home front we entered 2021 with a newly renovated kitchen that we are really appreciating - the above card and envelope were created using leftover wallpaper from that project! As we go into 2022 our project for this year will be to have a new solar system installed, but it will require a new roof first. Hopefully, that will all be in place by April.

Summing up, 2021 brought some sadness and more blessings, but I'm still looking ahead to the New Year very thankful that that year is behind us.

My thoughts go out to anyone who sees this message in the hope that 2022 brings peace and prosperity and good health to you and your loved ones!

Fran Wing

No comments:

Post a Comment