Thursday, January 13, 2022

THINKING ABOUT VALENTINES

It's time to start thinking about my Valentine's Day cards. This is the first one of the season and it's for my husband. For inspiration I used the current layout at Freshly Made Sketches - #518, A Sketch by Judy".


I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 5" square and stamped the daisy image from PTI's "Friends Til the End" with Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink. I haven't used this stamp set for a couple of years, but it is one of my old favorites. I then colored the center of the daisy with black and pink markers and die-cut the sentiment from PTI's "Wonderful Words: Love". I cut several more layers in black cardstock and glued the layers together, finishing the center of the word with a small die-cut heart threaded through with black thread and a couple of beads. This was all mounted with a slightly larger bright pink square mat to the face of the folded card.



The final step was to add some printed pink paper on the inside with a die-cut sentiment from Alexandra Renke.



I've decided to enter this in a couple of other CAS challenges.

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #518 - A Sketch by Judy

Happy Little Stampers: HLS January Anything Goes with Dies Challenge






Added January 18, 2022:

6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the sketch Fran, this is a marvelous card! WWCD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine for your husband is just so amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon! This is lovely, Fran, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card this is! I love the dimension and detail. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love it.. The design the execution..
    Thank you so much for joining us at HLS die challenge.. Dt Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your Valentine card!
    Thanks for sharing with the Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete