Sunday, February 27, 2022

FUSION/BIRDS

This will be my last post for a couple of days - I really do have to get some things done! But it was hard to resist the beautiful birds over at Fusion Card Challenge: Color Palette - Birds.


I fussy cut my birds from Penny Black's "Wreath Whimsy" after coloring them with Copics. Afterwards I was wishing I had used Prismacolors instead because of some bleeding on the watercolor paper I used. The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory, with the exception that I stenciled a bit of pattern on the tan paper with some VersaMark watermark ink so that it wouldn't be quite so flat. The colors are a bit brighter than the photo, but the light is a bit low today as we are expecting some rain (Yaay!).

Here's the beautiful photo as inspiration for the challenge:

Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION - Colour Palette: Birds


Added on March 3, 2022:



5 comments:

  1. The soft flourish in the background is wonderful! This is such a pretty card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these birds! Sweet card! Glad you shared it at FusioN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your card, Fran. The CAS design and the little birds are sooo cool. Thanks for playing along with us at the FUSION card challenge and hope to see you again :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stenciled background and the vibrant, beautiful birds …. A perfect addition to the Fusion Challenge gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those birds are gorgeous! I love them! And the soft stencil. Perfection. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete