Thursday, March 3, 2022

#CARDSFORUKRAINE

The kind hearts over at Color Hues Challenge have offered up a challenge that is hard to not participate in - making a card to show our love and support for the people of Ukraine. This is a small act, but it beats feeling completely powerless. If I can be permitted to use  Nancy Leppek's (owner/creator of the Color Hues blog) words, we are "lighting up the world one card at a time". 

So, to the brave citizens of Ukraine, this is my offering to you:  

  


The colors of the Ukrainian flag are blue and yellow, and the national flower is the sunflower. I didn't find a sunflower stamp or die in my stash that felt appropriate, so I decided to use one of my favorite stamp and die sets from PTI: "Lovely Layers". I used Hero Arts "Butter Bar" and PTI's "Blueberry Sky" and "Enchanted Evening" dye inks. The sentiment is from PTI's "Beautiful Butterflies". What a perfect set for my personal "Butterfly Effect" statement in this time of chaos.

Color Hues: Color Hues-Special Double Challenge (colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com)



8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! Caught my eye in the CH gallery immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love the flower you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Layers is also one of my favorite stamps from PTI, and it works perfectly here! The blues and yellow are gorgeous, and your design is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! It's beautiful, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! The colours and design - perfect. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stylized sunflower is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete