Monday, March 7, 2022

BIRTHDAY SILHOUETTE

 AAA Cards Challenge has a new challenge out this week - Game 210, Sketch + Silhouette. Tomorrow is a friend's birthday, so I used the challenge as inspiration for a masculine card for him.


This image with three Kokopellis dancer/flautists silhouetted is from the very beginnings of my stamping days. They were originally attached to a wooden block, but I couldn't get a clean enough image stamped, so a couple of years ago I pulled them off the wood so I could use them with my Misti. I started this card with ivory cardstock. I die-cut a circle in a piece of light paper and blended Hero Arts "Butter Bar" (love that color) and PTI "Orange Zest" as the background shape. I followed this by a Tim Holtz spatter stamp with Orange Zest and finished with the three silhouettes in Hero Arts "Black Tuxedo". The sentiment is a colored strip of paper woven through a couple of openings in the face of the top layer.

I had this scrap of rice paper with Native American symbols on it that has been in my stash for quite a long time. It seemed like a good choice for an envelope/wrapper for the card. I reinforced the flap with a couple of cardstock circles and a black eyelet and threaded black twine with beads through it.





8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Fran!!! And that envelope is absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this stamp, I think my SIL had it! Love what you've done with it, Fran and that envelope is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this! Super card AND envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this kokopelli card with the more than perfect enveloppe. Simple beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card !! The colors are very optimistic and once again I have to say that your projects are really amazing. Perfectly suited envelope for this card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dancing muscians Fran. Great design. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cool looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing! Love the ethnic style.

    ReplyDelete