Saturday, April 2, 2022

A IS FOR ATC

Today is my second Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Guest Designer slot - "A is for ATC (Artist Trading Card or Coin)". Besides it being my second one this year, it's also the second time the challenge is to create something I've never tried before (the first one using a gelli plate background). So, not ever having made an ATC, I headed to Pinterest to see what it's all about. I can see these could be addictive! I didn't try my hand at coins because, surprisingly, I don't have any 2-1/2" diameter circle dies or punches.

So, here's me dipping my toe into the ATC waters, while keeping it snarky: 


I started by blending some aqua and yellow inks onto watercolor paper using a Tim Holtz Mini Stencil. I over-stamped some outline flowers from a VERY old set with Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink and started coloring with some Copic markers. The sentiment is from Unity Stamps "Itty Bitty" rubber stamps, and I heat embossed it on black cardstock with Zing! White Embossing Powder, cut it out by hand, and glued it to the card. I came back into the card with a black marker and white gel pen.  

This was so much fun that I think I'll go back through all of my paper scraps, pull out all of the pieces that are small (or large) enough to use for ATCs, and store them separately.

Thanks for dropping by, and if you're inclined, try your hand at ATCs!

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS 207 A is for ATC



5 comments:

  1. Can't believe this is your first ATC, Fran! Love this sooooo much. Thanks for being our queen again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome I can't believe you have not done ATCs before, not only are they cute they can be added to make a super quick card. Great stencil work and fab. ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun and funky vibe this has to it!!! I have this sentiment stamp as well. I used it on the back side of a card I sent to my teen nephew because he always looks for my personal stamp. Surprised him that time. ha! Thanks for Queening with us Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssssssssssss sister!!!!
    This is such an amazingly awesome ATC!
    Soon you will be ATC addicted like the rest of us :)
    And I love your idea of using up scraps for ATC's - such a smart idea!
    Thanks for once again being our Queen and for dipping your toes into uncharted crafty waters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Thanks for being a part of the sisterhood this week.

    ReplyDelete