Sunday, April 24, 2022

ART INTERRUPTED

The last time I showed my face in this space was well over a month ago - life often interferes with art! I've just been very busy with a couple of the other 56 irons I have in the fire at any one time. I took on a new interior design project for a financial institution and now the contract documents are completed and submitted for permits, so I'm off the hook on that one until construction begins (Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be retired...). I can now catch my breath and take out my cardmaking supplies.

For this first card I was inspired by Cecile's photo over at "Just Us Girls #629 - Word Week". I did a bit of a loose interpretation.


Yesterday's mail brought me a new set of dies I've been wanting for a while - some Sizzix deckle-edged rectangles - and I wanted to try them out. I started with a scrap of printed polka dot cardstock that I die-cut and then stamped the sentiment on one of the circles with VersaMark ink and embossed it with Zing! Purple embossing powder. To accent the sentiment, I stamped a small circle of dots with purple ink and threaded a piece of purple twine through a couple of holes I punched in the circle. I mounted a deckle-edged rectangle that I textured by blind-embossing to an ivory card base. I also die-cut a couple of Alexandra Renke "Asterella" flowers from the same ivory cardstock and layered one on the face of the card and sandwiched the other two between the two deckle-edged rectangles.

So, that's my re-set back into cardmaking. Here's the photo inspiration:


"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls #629 - Photo Week (justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com)


Added May 3, 2022:




3 comments:

  1. So happy to see this fabulous card of yours in our Just us Girls gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this graphic card and how you were inspired by the photo of the painted rocks. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your gorgeous take on our inspiration photo. It is so fun and so cheerful! And an stunning design, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete