Thursday, April 28, 2022

COLOR THROWDOWN

It felt like kismet yesterday when I arrived home after a foray of a local craft store where I purchased a quilt square die and then opened up the current challenge at "Color Throwdown #690" featuring a quilted pillow - it was meant to be!


 The die I used was Momenta #2046076 and scraps from my stash in navy, gray, mustard, and a blue small print. The sentiment is one I use frequently that I've had for years, and I stamped it with PTI "Enchanted Evening" die ink. I mounted the quilt square to the face of a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded card and layered a frame over that with dimensional foam. Light is low today, and I had a very hard time getting the navy to show as navy and not black. Also, by having to manipulate the colors to get navy, the mustard changed to more of an ochre - oh well, you get the idea!

Color Throwdown: Color Throwdown #690



Added May 5, 2022:



4 comments:

  1. Oh my...this is so gorgeous and so perfect with the throwdown colors! It takes me back to when my mom and grandma were avid quilters. Now...I only carry on the quilting tradition on paper. Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper quilt is as pretty as it can be! Love this, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, really like your design and use of the colors. I was inspired enough by your creative design to go looking for Momenta dies... and imagine my happy surprise to find them on sale, 40% off right now, at Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful graphic card!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete