Friday, April 29, 2022

AMAZING

 I had two challenges in mind when I started this card - "Freshly Made Sketches #533" and "Color Hues #39 - Purple & Green". But, alas, the Color Hues challenge had expired before I finished my card, so this goes only to FMS.



The sketch by Jen B features three vertical bars cut through with a sentiment. I had this idea about using a large floral image (Hero Arts + Gina K PR 101) stamped in black, masking off three vertical bars, and Copic coloring only the images within those bars. It worked but might be just a bit subtle. The dark purple (not black) horizontal sentiment is from Hero Arts DC152, using white embossing powder. The final touches were a narrow green satin ribbon and a couple of pale green gemstones.

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #533 - A Sketch by Jen B 



5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! I just love how you've joined the stripes and the flowers! The colours are fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm calling a winner on this one, Fran! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and creative use of the sketch!! I love the strips of color! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing and brilliant take on the sketch! I love the way you created the three stripes, this is so unique and creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!! I had thought in my mind this would be a great technique to use with the sketch! now for sure I know. love it!

    ReplyDelete