Sunday, February 20, 2022

LIVE SIMPLY

This morning's card is a sweet one inspired by the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #523. I'm sliding it in just under the deadline. I hadn't really intended to make a card yesterday, but I went into my craft room/office to clean it and... well, the room is still a mess!



I've been looking at this sketch since it was posted and couldn't get inspired. Then I started thinking about birds and nests (it's nearing the beginnings of spring). The closest image I have to a bird nest is this small wreath from Impression Obsessions. Starting with an ivory side-folded card, I cut a second rectangle from the same card stock and stamped the wreath three times - twice with PTI "Fine Linen" and the center one with PRI "Dark Chocolate". I used a green Copic marker to fill in the leaves on the center wreath. I then die-cut a smaller stitched rectangle from the wreath layer and popped it up with dimensional foam. The little bird is one of my favorite dies (I believe it's from My Favorite Things) and I cut him from some aqua scraps. I popped him up with a bit of dimensional foam and added the little tag, stamped with a sentiment from PTI's "Winter Hills" set. The final step was a natural flax twine tie.


Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #523 - A Sketch by Jen B

     


5 comments:

  1. This card is just so sweet! I just adore that little bird and those cute wreaths! Great sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever use of the wreath stamp to make a trio of nests, Fran! Love this design so much, especially the adorable bird. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me with the polka dot bird! This is so cute, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet as can be! Love the polka dots! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice take on the #fms & #ctd! Love the wreaths !

    ReplyDelete