Sunday, February 20, 2022

TAKE A HIKE

This is my second unintentional card for the day. This time I was playing around with the cake image over at Color Throwdown #680. I decided to use thin paper and just tear it for the mountain images. I had a hard time gluing the edges because my tape runner just kept pulling up the back of the paper, so I decided to leave well enough alone. 


After gluing the mountains and a die-cut dark green slope to white cardstock, I die-cut a stitched rectangle out through all of the layers, added die-cut trees from Alexandra Renke's "Winter Village" die set, and heat-embossed the sentiment (Simple Stories "Great Escape") with white embossing powder. I glued this to a top-folded white card that I had attached a band of brown wood-patterned paper to. That's it. I was disappointed with the color renditions from my cell phone camera - the dark green looks black.





5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful and so genius to tear the paper to create your mountains! So glad you joined us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really nailed that inspiration piece! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific use of the colors, this is so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!!! I love your torn paper mountains!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a calming card & fabulous take on the #ctd680! Love!

    ReplyDelete