Friday, July 22, 2022

HELLO, PHOTO WEEK

It's my final week with Just Us Girls as Guest Designer, and it's been an honor! This week is #640 "Photo Week", and the photo is below - a green wallpaper garland that is lovely.  

For my take on the photo, I chose to stamp a couple of Indigo Blu "Laurel Leaves" A6 IND0219 upside down on a square of patterned paper from my stash. I bought this rubber stamp set several years ago to use on my husband's nephew's wedding invitations (you can see them on the first page of my Gallery). After stamping the garlands in Memento "Bamboo Leaves", I heat-embossed the sentiment (Hampton Art) and edges with gold embossing powder, double-matted it with more of the green and white cardstock and mounted it to a square card base. The final step was to add gold dots with a Pen-Touch and attach three gold sequins. 


As I've already said, this has been a real honor for me to play along with this very talented group of JUGS Team Designers! I hope to be invited back again sometime. You can play along also to see how this photo inspires you. Have fun!

11 comments:

  1. You make the most wonderful, elegant cards! This is definitely one of my favorites! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran... love this card (like all your cards)! I laughed when you said you used these materials on a card for your nephew's wedding....that is how I started stamping. It has been nearly 35 years but my sister-in-law asked if I would make the wedding brochures. I walked into a stamp store (now OOB) saw the miracle of heat embossing and was hooked. I am so glad you joined us this month and shared your beautiful work! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully inspired! The soft green is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, We can totally see your inspiration. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, the gold adds a wonderful elegance! Loved having you guesting with us this past month, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been our honor to have you, Fran. All your cards have been fantastic and this one is simple gorgeous. The background paper works perfectly with the leaves and I love all the borders and gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! That background paper looks amazing with your beautiful leaves and gold sentiment. It has been wonderful having you join us this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Laurel Leaves are absolutely lovely! A fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for being an awe-mazing guest designer this month!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fran this is gorgoeus. Love the dp background and those leaves just pop beautifully. Love the gold too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran - sorry I have left commenting late this week but wanted to let you know we have another challenge on the 30th as there are five Saturday's this month. If you have time I'd love to have your card in our Challenge. Thanks for your beautiful creations as our Guest this month.

    ReplyDelete