Friday, July 22, 2022

WEDDING SEASON

We've had a couple of weddings this month, which keeps me busy making more ornate cards, which I love. They're always a work of love. For this particular one for my grandniece, I used the color combination of peach and gray for inspiration from Color Hues #45.



I started this card using an old floral background stamp from my stash and heat embossing it in white onto a piece of watercolor paper. I colored in the roses and leaves with Copic markers in a couple of tones of peach and warm gray. Once I was happy with the result, I punched two rectangles to thread the satin ribbon through and trimmed it and matted it with three layers - silver vellum, torn edge watercolor paper, and silver vellum. Clear gems in two sizes were added to the centers of all of the roses and on the die-cut heart. I added the sentiment from Impression Obsession and Hero Arts with silver embossing and peach dye ink. After die-cutting a heart tag from TPI, I threaded it and tied off the card. The envelope is matching watercolor paper lined with more silver vellum. Once I finish up the inside with a small envelope and gift card, the envelope will also be tied with satin ribbon.


  This photo shows the metallic on the sentiment better.

This is going over to Color Hues, where I'm very pleased to tell you I'll be Guest Designing on August 1st!





  

4 comments:

  1. So delicate and lovely, Fran! You can see the love that went into it. A perfect card for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant wedding card! I'm looking forward to your guest designing for the Color Hues challenges next month. Congratulations! I love seeing all your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful wedding card! I love the layers, the sparkle, and its simple elegance. We're grateful to have this beauty in our gallery and to welcome you next round as a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely positively stunning! I adore this card, Fran! I know the bride and groom will love it too! I am thrilled to see it in our gallery at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete