Sunday, July 24, 2022

SANDY FEET

When I saw the current offering at Fusion Card Challenge - Beach Tiers I knew that I wanted to play along. Last week my husband and I spent a couple of days with sandy feet at the Northern California shore. It was hotter than hell here in Medford, so it was a very nice respite. We dined on blackened snapper po' boys in Crescent City and oysters and sauvignon blanc in Eureka - a perfect getaway for "foodies". 

It's been a while since I participated with the Fusion Challenge. It's an easy-going Sunday morning and the simplicity of the design was a perfect inspiration. I knew I wanted to do a CAS card with subtle colors.


For the background rectangular layer, I used Hero Arts #CM317 "Color Layering Sea & Sky" with PTI's "Soft Stone" and "Ocean Tides". The final color layer and sentiment were stamped with Tim Holtz "Story Sky" Distress Ink. I stamped the sea, sentiment, and additional small images in a single layer on a stitched rectangular die, cut from white cardstock. Then I die-cut the smaller stitched rectangle, punched a hole for the twine, and mounted all of this on a card base, raising the lower rectangle with dimensional foam. Two tiny gemstones finished it off. I photographed this on my kitchen quartz countertop, which seemed the perfect background with the small sandy pattern. I'm really happy with this card.


  
Here's the link to the challenge: Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION - Beach Tiers


Added August 4, 2022:



 

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo good, Fran!!! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Fran. It looks like your looking out a window at the ocean waves. Thanks for playing at Fusion Card Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Simple elegance! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete