Saturday, August 27, 2022

GRATEFUL

Even though summer is showing no signs of letting up, I'm starting to think of fall - my favorite time of the year and also my birthday season. I have a strong preference for autumn colors and, in fact my home is predominantly fall in tones. So, this is my first card for the fall season. I was inspired by the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #484.


I had a heck of a time photographing this card! It just looked flat, and it's really not. I think one of the reasons it was so hard to photograph might also be that I chose to translate this into a slimline card.

  

The leaf stamps are from Impression Obsession's #CL698 "Early Sunsets". The set has four small squares, but I repeated the oak leaf and rotated the view of it. After stamping these with black ink I colored all of them with Copic Markers and die-cut "Grateful" (Papertrey Ink) from the face of the images. I die-cut it an additional 3 times with dark chocolate cardstock and stacked the letters. Before gluing the letters to the face of the top layer, I stamped "FOR YOU" in PTI "Dark Chocolate" and tied some brown twine to the letter G. I trimmed the top layer to the same proportion as the card and matted it with a matching white rectangle. 




3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this one Fran! The camouflaged sentiment is marvelous and I love the fall colors on the crisp white background! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So artsy and just perfectly done. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you turned the sketch in to a slimline... gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete