Tuesday, August 16, 2022

CAS CHRISTMAS

Another quiet morning and a few stolen moments in the craft room. I decided to try my hand at the CAS Christmas Challenge for August - "Pine". I hadn't intended to do this challenge because I didn't remember any pine bough or pine tree stamps. Digging through the old Christmas stash I came up with a couple but decided to use this one.




I think this is from one of my very first clear Christmas stamp sets. I stamped it twice with PTI "Pinefeather" ink - once on white cardstock and a second time on a pale gray textured paper. On the gray one I white heat-embossed some snow with Alexandra Renke "Accentuation - Areas". I die-cut it with a stitched rectangle and then die-cut a matching smaller rectangle out of the face of the white one. I mounted a silver vellum slightly larger rectangle to the face of a top-folded card and glued the gray snowy trees to that. After mounting the white rectangle to these layers with dimensional foam, I silver-embossed a couple of stars from PTI's "Winter Hills" set and lined an envelope with the same silver vellum. I'm still trying to get the hang of the camera on my new phone - this card doesn't quite look white!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pine tree CAS Christmas card, Fran! I love your fresh idea of stamping the sentiment both on the front panel and the gray textured panel!
    The shade of green is so beautiful and the heat-embossed falling snow is pretty! The silver vellum border is subtle but effective. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found the perfect little set of pine trees to use! This is a marvelous card, Fran. So happy to see it in our CAS Christmas gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so elegant! It shows up on my old computer as a very pale mauve and gray. I thought it was intentional and it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. i love when stampers use older products and this is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your design Fran. Stamping it on the two cards and then matching up the stamping with your aperture is really beautiful and so creative. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your layout and design with the aperture window. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete