Sunday, August 28, 2022

HAPPY 13th B-DAY

I can hardly believe that my oldest grandchildren (the twins) are turning 13 on 9/09! I used Addicted to CAS #227 "Pink" as inspiration for my granddaughter's card. 


There are so many tones of pink, but I was looking for one dark enough to contrast with white heat embossing. I started with a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" top-folded card base. I used an Inkadinkado #60-31604 "Funky Flowers" clear stamp, repeating it so that it would reach the entire width of a bright pink 5" square of cardstock. After sprinkling the white embossing powder on the flowers, I brushed it off the little bee and sprinkled black powder in its place. I stamped the tiny sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Tiny Tag Sayings: Birthday" in black and colored some of the flowers and leaves with Copic markers. Finally, I die-cut the numbers from PTI, stacked 4 layers of white cardstock underneath (learning from yesterday's letters that were too flat), and mounted the square to the cardbase. I'll be adding a folded vellum interior, so tied a yellow twine bow to slip it into. I used PTI "Berry Sorbet" for the flowers on the front of the square envelope.  






3 comments:

  1. Happy 13th to your grands! Your garden of wildflowers is extra sweet and I love the added numbers. Wow, are they going to love this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS with your pretty card.The white embossing looks so good against the pink background I'm sure your grand daughter will love it.Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATCAS
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love the white flowers on the pink background.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete