Monday, August 29, 2022

THE LEAVES OF A BOOK

I recently happened upon a challenge I was not aware of - Shopping Our Stash - and I'm fully on-board with the mission of this challenge! I think I came upon this blog via The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. The current challenge is SOS #477 "Back to Books". So, from my stash I submit the following:


Digging deep into my stash, I had forgotten I had a sheet of marbled rice paper, the paper that was (and still is sometimes) used for endpapers in bookbinding. I die-cut the maple leaves (PTI) from the marbled paper and overprinted them with PTI's "Leaf Prints" in their "Dark Chocolate" ink. In my kraft/tan drawer I found this already top-folded tan card. I mounted a deckled edge rectangular die (Tim Holtz) cut from a scrap of wood-grained kraft paper and a smaller deckled rectangle from the page of an old book. The sentiment is from a very old autumn stamp set and I heat embossed it in white on a dark brown tag tied with brown twine and mounted it with dimensional foam. (Albert Camus was an early 20th century Nobel Prize-winning author, and I've used this stamped quote many times over the years.)  I glued the two leaves to the face of the card after scoring and bending the top one for dimension. I used some of the marbled paper also to line the ivory envelope. 

What a great idea for a weekly challenge blog!

  Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog: SOS477 - Back To Books


Added September 25, 2022:








 

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card in those soft autumn colours. I love it and the idea of using leaves. The envelope is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time and we look forward to seeing you again. Look for another challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the textures and those pretty leaves! Wonderful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the bookish details--the quote, the paper and the actual book page. It is also just a really lovely card with out all of the bookish stuff. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Shopping Our Stash and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team (in Portland, OR)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you stumbled across our challenge blog!!! We hope you will join us again...hit hit hit...today begins another challenge!! I love your take on our "back to books" challenge...those leaves and that sentiment, layered on your page...prefection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job with combining all of those elements from your stash ... and I love that you even have a book-ish quote ... so very glad you joined our Back to the Books Challenge at Shopping Our Stash and hope we see you again.

    ReplyDelete