Friday, September 16, 2022

HALLOWEEN SEASON

This is the time of year that I start thinking about Halloween cards. I bought a couple of Park Lane cardstock pads that are printed on both sides, with the idea of making custom envelopes this year. Generally, I start each Halloween season with a card idea and build my envelopes around that, but this year I'm starting with a set of envelopes and utilizing the colors/patterns for use on the cards. This first one was inspired by the sketch provided by Cécile at Freshly Made Sketches #553.

Using one of the gray patterned papers, I stamped and black heat-embossed the sentiment in the center of a stitched rectangle and die cut three squares from the face. I layered the squares with red-orange cardstock and glued them on. I double-matted the gray patterned square with red-orange and black cardstock and mounted all of the layers onto a white side-folded card base. I then die cut some PTI leaves and a bat from black cardstock and glued them on the card, along with some orange and black sequins.

Here's a "teaser" photo of some of the envelopes I made that I'll be designing cards for as the season progresses:


 Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #553 - A Sketch by Cécile  

 






6 comments:

  1. very nice card on so many levels, the embossing looks like you machine embroidered! Great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your envelopes are too much fun and I love your take on the sketch! Great card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you designed this card! Very creative! And your envelopes are fabulous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the orange peeks around the edge of your sentiment squares! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Halloween card! I love that little bat! Those envelopes are so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever take on the sketch! I love the dimensional tone-on-tone squares, that's brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete