Saturday, October 1, 2022

TWO OLD BATS - OCTOBER CHALLENGE

While we at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge don't have to wait until the fall to make Halloween cards (we make them year-round), this is still our favorite month! What's more fun that a Halloween card? Besides which, by the time the actual date comes around we've made enough cards to send out to all of our friends and family. 

So, here's to October 31st:


For this first card I've chosen to be inspired by the bottom right quadrant of the mood board. I liked the idea of a black cat against an orange moon. 


On a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" top-folded black card base I mounted a square of black and white spiderweb printed paper. I sponged some red ink onto a square of orange textured cardstock, masking off a circle for the moon and then smudged that up with black ink on the edges. I printed an old Trick or Treat sentiment with black ink and added three spiders from Tim Holtz. The 3 cats image Also from Tim Holtz "Half-tone Halloween") was stamped on white cardstock with Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink, the eyes colored with a Copic marker, and fussy cut. After matting the orange square with red-orange and mounting it to the face of the card, I added the cats with some dimensional foam and touched up the card in several places with white gel pen. I pulled a black square envelope from my stash, white heat-embossed the spider, and lined it with coordinating paper.

I know this mood board will provide plenty of scary images for your inspiration! Check out what my fellow DT members have done with their cards and follow along with the fun. In fact, we would love to have you all back for the entire year of Halloween inspiration!     








4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love your Halloween cards with matching envelopes!! This one is soooo fun! The images are all wonderful and your design is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an AWESOME card design my friend and I LOVE the coordinating envelope ... very clever of you!! Thanks for amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the cats and the background colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and envelope! Great design and love the orange & black!

    ReplyDelete