Sunday, December 11, 2022

BRRRRR!

I've really had my nose pressed to the grindstone the past couple of weeks, so gave myself a pass today to make a holiday card. I was inspired by two challenges - Tic Tac Toe #191 for content and Time Out Challenge #228 "Winter or Holiday Season". 


For the Tic Tac Toe challenge, I selected the middle across row Dots and/or Stripes/Arctic Animal/Add an Envelope. I don't really have any Arctic animals, so I made do by using a little PTI fox and embossing him in white on gray cardstock to make him into an Arctic fox. I have never been able to find a really white embossing powder - it seems like all of the ones I've tried are slightly off-white. On a gray die-cut rectangle I white heat embossed some snow and overlaid Impression Obsession's Birch Trees die-cut from white cardstock for my stripes and/or dots. I also die-cut stitched snow layers of white and gray printed paper. Before gluing the fox to the card, I added a black nose and pink cheeks. The pink cheeks were the inspiration for the blush mat. The sentiment was heat-embossed with Zing! in "Blush" on a black tag and a blush ribbon was attached.


Inside I added a white heavy paper die-cut into a rectangle, stamped a blush snowflake and added the sentiment in black. You'll notice that the pale pink envelope is lined with gray and white stripe/dotted printed paper.

TTTC191 - Featured Designer Jeanne - Tic Tac Toe Challenge


TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge 228 - Winter or Holiday Season





 

3 comments:

  1. That little fox is the cutest and it looks amazing on this elegant card with the coordinated envelope!! Always love seeing your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arctic fox is amazing ! well done you plus I love the gorgeous coordinating envelope.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete