Saturday, January 14, 2023

DALMATIONS & PUMPKINS?

I'm running a bit behind schedule on getting this card posted. My life has been really chaotic this past couple of weeks as I finished up a couple of interior design projects I've been working on - yeah, I know I'm supposed to be retired, but it's hard to turn down a couple of extra dollars when the opportunity presents itself! This is the mid-month reminder for our Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for January. I'm going with the lower left-hand quadrant, featuring a Dalmatian and pumpkins in the snow. 




I have this old Inkadinkado dog stamp set that I re-purposed to create a Dalmatian by white heat-embossing the image onto black cardstock and fussy cutting him out. I thought he turned out pretty cute! I started with a scrap of gray printed stripe paper that I die-cut into a stitched rectangle and matted with a bit of orange cardstock. I heat-embossed some snow on the gray paper with Tim Holtz's Halloween spatter. Then I stamped some Simple Stories pumpkins (#13820 "Boo Crew") on white cardstock, colored them with Copic markers, and fussy cut them out to glue to the front panel, along with a tag tied with black & white baker's twine. All of this was glued to a white side-folded card base with a scrap of black & white striped paper. The final addition was the puppy backed with dimensional foam and some gel pen snow on the pumpkins.  

Now it's your turn to see what you can make of the inspirational photos - and don't forget to check out what my fellow designers have created. If we get 25 responses, there's a special prize!

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: January 2023 Mid Month Reminder

  


2 comments:

  1. Fran, your Halloween card is just so fun! I love how you turned that cute dog into a Dalmatian - very clever! The designer papers were beautifully arranged to go with this cute Halloween card and to make a matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which is cuter, the pumpkins or the pup! Delightful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete