Sunday, January 8, 2023

THE START OF A NEW ADVENTURE...

This blog title has a double meaning - it's included in the sentiment, but this is also the start of my year as a Guest Designer at The Paper Players! This first challenge is a theme challenge #PP622 "Tag, you're it!" in which the players are challenged to make a tag or use one on a card.

I've mentioned in the past that my very ambitious son, in addition to owning a restaurant and a beer store, is also a real estate broker. He asked me some time ago to come up with several designs for "new home" cards that he and other members of his team can give to their clients when they purchase a new home. I was thinking along those lines when I made this card.


I started with a 5" x 7" Strathmore watercolor card base and coordinating envelope. The tiny houses are a combination of Renke #D-XX-AR-W0128 "Winter City" and Nellie Snellen #SD214 "Village" dies plus a tiny heart from Our Favorite Things. The rectangular stitched die and tag are both from Dare 2B Artzy #D148 "Rectangular Framelits", but I shortened the tag after white heat embossing "New Home". The black sentiment is from Studio Light Essentials (#SL-ES-STAMP180). I wrapped black twine around the die-cut rectangle, attached the tag and key medallion, tied it with a bow, and added some tiny silver sequins.

 The Paper Players: PP622 - A Theme Challenge from Ann



10 comments:

  1. I love this card! The simplicity, the colors, and the design are all wonderful! What a sweet way to say congratulations on your new home. I don't think your son could go wrong choosing this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card to congratulate new home owners!!! I love those little houses, your neutral color palette, the sentiment and the key/tag embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son sounds like a go getter! CUTE card for a new home owner. A delightful way to start your guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congrats on your guest designer role, Fran, that's awesome. I love the detail in this card - everywhere you look is another little surprise yet it's not fussy but beautifully cas. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card...and knowing it's for your son to give to new homeowners makes it even more fabulous! I just love that wee little key!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous clean and simple card, Fran! The little key accent is so perfect. What a wonderful "Welcome to Your New Home" card! And speaking of welcomes, welcome to The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome! So happy to be designing with you! I love this card. CAS perfection and those little houses and tag are perfect. Love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I am obsessed with this card! That little key hanging from the tag is just precious. I love the use of neutrals and such a wonderful CAS design. Such a great card to kick off as a Guest Designer and I'm so glad you joined the team
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to The Paper Players team, Fran! Super-excited to have you guest designing with us this year. I love everything about your card. Those little houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the team Fran - we are so thrilled to have you guesting with us over at The Paper Players this year! Your new home card is just darling and I am totally smitten with the tiny key you used to embellish your tag (says she, off to hunt them down on the internet ...!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete