Sunday, January 1, 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As I worked on this card it's the last days of 2022 and much of the US is blanketed in snow. Our January 2023 Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge features four snowy photos for your inspiration!  



I worked my card around a zombie/snow sentiment from Impression Obsession's "Zombie Sayings":




I started with a gray cardstock slimline card base and panel that I stamped with a Tim Holtz haunted house in Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink. I was able to make light coming from the windows by first using a white gel pen and then over-coloring with a yellow marker. I over-stamped this with a Tim Holtz spatter stamp and white embossing powder to create the snow. The gray panel was matted with white cardstock and the sentiment stamped and adhered after trimming the top with a wavey die. Finally, a die-cut zombie (Whimsey Stamps #WSD488 "Monster Parade Die Set") was glued to the face of the card with some black dimensional foam and a couple of snowflakes added with a white gel pen. 

Now that the holidays are coming to an end, maybe you'll have more time to start using up all of the old Halloween paper and embellishments you've been stashing. See what the other designers have posted and join us here at Two Old Bats for some Halloween fun! 

6 comments:

  1. OH WOW what a great scene Fran! Love that zombie lol ... well done my friend! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this card, what a fabulous take on the mood board, when making it I tried to stay within the month lol, and YOU have certainly taken that to heart, this is a FABULOUS card, I laughed out loud when I read the sentiment, so cleverly created! (we have bare grounds today, no snow and to be in the 60's tomorrow, so unusual for Michigan in January)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, this is a fabulous Halloween card and envelope! A couple of years ago (2 or 3) we had snow right before Halloween and they almost cancelled Halloween that year. Seeing your card brought back memories of snow in October - thank goodness I didn't see any zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, love the card and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, scene and love your greeting. LOL....so much fun.

    ReplyDelete