Sunday, December 18, 2022

THE LAST CHRISTMAS CARD OF 2022

And an announcement! I'm very pleased that the Design Team at The Paper Players has invited me to be Guest Designer for 2023. I'll be in very good company - nothing like a weekly challenge to keep one's skills sharpened!

My Christmas cards got completely away from me this year. I just mailed the last batch of out-of-town cards today (40 minutes in line at the post office). I still have a couple more for the weekend but they're local ones. I didn't have a single design this year and decided to use up some scraps that have been in my stash for years. I made a bunch of envelopes from an old stack of BasicGrey printed paper from 2010 that I was sick of looking at and designed a card to use with the envelopes. Unfortunately, I didn't get them photographed.

I made several of these cards this morning to finish off the last couple of cards I needed.




This sentiment is one of my favorites from Impression Obsession. I gold heat-embossed it on white cardstock and then blind embossed a border on it, double-matted it with gold and red cardstocks, glued it to a red side-folded card base, and added a die-cut white poinsettia from Spellbinders "Christmas Blooms".

I am sharing this one over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge #69 - "If it's Christmassy, link it up"! 

Christmas Kickstart Challenge: Christmas Kickstart Challenge #69 - If It's Christmassy, Link It Up!




Here's wishing everyone the most wonderful of Holiday seasons, and we'll meet up again in 2023!   


3 comments:

  1. Fran, this card is so elegant and the coordinating envelope is lovely and perfect to send your card! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Looking forward to visiting your blog in 2023 for all the gorgeous cards and envelopes that you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Fran! Congrats on your guest DT position at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete