Sunday, January 15, 2023

COLOR CHALLENGE WEEK ON THE PAPER PLAYERS

This week on The Paper Players, Claire is challenging our followers to the "happy" colors Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party, Highland Heather, and Whisper White. My response to that is a Happy Birthday bouquet to a dear friend (and my previous business partner - she doesn't like it when I say "old" business partner!). 


This was actually a fairly complicated card to make because of all of the "moving parts". I started out by making a small lavender envelope from a template I created some years ago. I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves from various Alexandra Renke, Tim Holtz, Impression Obsession, and Penny Black dies on miscellaneous scraps, and gathered them into the envelope, tying it with a narrow satin ribbon through a punch and around the envelope. I attached a printed blue/orchid rectangle to the face of a white side-folded card base and overlaid that with a stitched rectangular panel with an oval opening and some dimensional foam. The envelope and bouquet were then slipped in behind the oval. A Tiny Tag from PTI was stamped with the small sentiment from Hero Arts and attached under the satin bow. Finally, I lined a white envelope with the same printed lavender paper as the small envelope on the card.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our followers come up with for this color challenge! Check out the Design Team's inspirations and create your own version!

 

   

14 comments:

  1. Fran, this is gorgeous! I love the beautiful bouquet in this pretty lavender envelope. The ribbon and tag add so much detail! Thank you for making my colors shine this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the shining colors - and your nice comment!

      Delete
  2. I love all of that prettiness tucked into that little envelope! Wonderful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa, high praise indeed coming from you! I'm honored!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, Fran! I also wanted to say Congrats on your guesting spot on TPP, I so enjoyed my time with that team. I adore those ladies. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, and yes, this is a great team!

      Delete
  4. Well, your friend should love her card because it's BEAUTIFUL! All the little bits and pieces add up to an envelope full of gorgeous-ness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leanne, but it was not cheap to mail with all of the "little bits and pieces"!

      Delete
  5. Fran the time it clearly took to put together your envelope of blooms was well worth it - the end result is stunning! I love the way it is framed in the oval too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Fran! The envelope filled with the foliage and flowers is absolutely stunning. What a wonderful way to showcase the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete