Sunday, January 22, 2023

HAPPY "BIRD" DAY

That's this week's Clean and Simple challenge #PP624 at The Paper Players by Jaydee. I have a good friend in Nashville who's having a birthday this next week who will benefit from this challenge!


Last year I picked up an Inkadinkado stamp set (#60-31604 "Funky Flowers") with two sweet little birds on it and I hadn't used the birds yet, so perfect opportunity. I started on a white piece of cardstock. I stamped the little guy with Memento Tuxedo Black, masking off three flowers that were at the end of the stem. I colored him with colored pencils and Copic markers and masked him off to blend a circular sky behind him. (I made my own stencils by die cutting a circle and cloud edge and blended some pale blue ink in layers, working top-down.) Once this was completed, I die-cut the white cardstock panel with a rectangular stitched die, mounted it to a pale pink die-cut panel, and attached both to a white side-folded card base. I replaced the 3 flowers with 3 tiny die-cut hearts. The sentiment, embossed in gold, was added to a fussy-cut banner from a Hampton Art stamp set (#SC1013). I punched a hole in the end, added twine, and mounted it to the face of the card with dimensional foam. The final step was to add 3 small pink sequins for a tiny bit of bling. 


Clean and Simple challenges are always my favorite, so let's see what you all come up with!
 

https://paperplayersprivateblog.blogspot.com/2022/12/jan-22-pp624-cas-jaydee.html



I'm also sharing this card with the Seize the Birthday #253 "Winged Things":






11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in pink, and oh, so sweet, Fran! A lovely CAS creation! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bird, this is darling Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, your card is lovely, That little bird is so sweet. I like the touch of the little hearts on the branch. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is adorable! I love the soft colour scheme, and the sky/cloud spotlight.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this card! It's CAS but it still packs quite a punch! The colors are so soft and pretty, that little bird and his cloud and sky background..and the bling and hearts?! Who wouldn't love this. Your friend is lucky to have a crafty crafter like you as her friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cards like this Fran that pack so much detail into a tiny area - so much to love! Your cute bird, perfectly coloured, against the sky, complete with heart and sequins; and then you add a fab banner with fun twine detail too. One fabulous CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I love the little cloudy background to your fun little bird. I don't know how you got so much detail into that one small area but it adds so much wonderful interest behind your sweet little bird. Fabulous CAS card. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran, this is so adorable! I love the cloudy background and this sweet, little birdie! The banner and the sweet heart flowers are perfect! Have a great weekend, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card, Fran. I love all of the little details that you added, too. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete