Tuesday, January 24, 2023

WHITE ON WHITE...

...ON WHITE! The current challenge at AAA Cards Challenge is Game #232 "White on White". It's been a while since I've done an all-white CAS card, so decided to try my hand at it. It took two tries to get it working. I had this idea about a lacey heart with a view of the inside of the card. I don't have the solid Penny Black die that goes with this "Fancy Heart", so I had to devise a way to attach the heart to the face of the card, cutting through three layers - I settled on vellum. 

I die-cut the fancy heart from white cardstock and glued it to the face of a scrap of patterned vellum. I die-cut the heart a second time from the center of a 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" square. Then I cut it a third time from the center of a 4-3/4" x 4-3/4" square and a fourth time from the center of a 5"x 5" side-folded card base! I glued all of these together and faced the heart with one last layer of die-cut heart for a bit of dimension and tied a narrow satin ribbon at the center. 


I love the translucent effect and I decided to complete the project with a square custom patterned vellum envelope.
  

AAA Cards: AAA Cards Challenge #232: white on white 


   

5 comments:

  1. Fran, this is just so, so elegant! And, the coordinating envelope pushes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So classy Fran - the envelope is as beautiful as the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your ideas are always so original, Fran! Love this heart with the single ribbon - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete