Saturday, January 28, 2023

FIRST VALENTINE

I've been debating about whether to send out Valentines this year - it's been a really busy month and I'm feeling a bit burned out. The window of opportunity is narrowing, but I have so many pink and red scraps that need to be used up! I thought I would start with a couple that will probably go to family members and the closest friends and we'll see how it goes.

I started with a challenge sketch from Freshly Made Sketches - #570 by Jen T. I might have done this card at least three times because it just wasn't happening. I had decided to do a reverse circle to use a favorite wreath from Penny Black ("Wreath Whimsy" #30-654) but I wasn't finding the right size circle dies large enough to cut around the wreath and still have space for the horizontal element - everything was too small or too large.


I stamped the musical measures on a piece of white cardstock with PTI "Sweet Blush" and trimmed it with a stitched rectangular die. After over-stamping the wreath with PTI's "Scarlet Jewel", I colored the hearts and leaves with Copic markers, die-cut a stitched circle from the center of the wreath, and added the sentiment in Scarlet Jewel. I also rimmed the circle with a slightly smaller red circle. The dove is from Impression Obsession (#SS-176-E "Bird with Hearts") and I glued him to a scrap of pink polka dot paper and slipped him behind the opening before attaching the front panel to a card base with dimensional foam. 




I think while I'm sharing this card, I'll also send it over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #194 by featured designer Joanne where it fits with the left column down - Die Cut/Heart/Patterned Paper.



Added February 4, 2023:




That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. A very sweet Valentine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about it, Fran! I'd never know you struggled, the elements work together beautifully! Especially with your sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I love how you used the inset circle. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is sweet! I am loving every detail. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just gorgeous Fran! Love the images, the tones of pink and red and the way all the patterns work so well together. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft pink and red and all of the details that make up your sweet Valentine Fran - so glad you made the wreath and circle work too, it looks great! Thanks for playing with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran... fabulous card. Such a unique design...love it. Looking forward to having you as a guest at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the original IS INDEED just as sweet! Loving the 'love notes!'
    =]

    ReplyDelete