Sunday, February 5, 2023

BIRTHDAY WISHES

I was working on two challenges this morning - Seize the Birthday #254 "Candles" and Time Out Challenges #231 Photo Inspiration. I think the simpler the card, the harder - I know, that sounds counter-intuitive but for me it's true. If you screw up the stamping on a CAS card you do it over and over and over until it's not screwed up. You can't just cover a mistake with an additional sequin or blend inks. 

To accomplish what I wanted I used a very old stamp that is a single candle, so to stamp it I masked off the flame from the candle each time I stamped it in a different rainbow color and then meticulously moved the white cardstock piece over just under 1/2" and repeated for all 6 colors. Then I masked off the tops of the candles and stamped just the flames with two tones of yellow, moving the cardstock back the other way. I die-cut the cardstock with a stitched rectangular die and matted it with black. After white heat-embossing the sentiment on black, I trimmed it down, mounted it to the white panel, and added a white eyelet and black twine. This was all mounted to a top-folded white card base and the final step was to glue 6 tiny orange gems to the flames. The light is a bit flat today so I couldn't really get the sparkle on the candle flames.


Seize the Birthday: Reminder #254 Candles  

 



TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge 231 - Photo Inspiration




 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is bright, happy and oodles of fun, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly accomplished your goal. This card is beautiful and I love the fun envelope too. Thanks for taking time to share it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, Fran. The simpler cards are so hard for me. I adore this one though. The birthday banner/tag was a fabulous addition. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you stuck with it, Fran, because your colorful candles look wonderful. That sentiment banner with the eyelet and string adds a great touch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been one hard working stamper!! The results look great, I love your rainbow candles. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete