Wednesday, February 8, 2023

V IS FOR VINTAGE

My 'little' brother's 75th birthday is coming up in just a couple of weeks, so I decided to jump off from the current Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge #227 - "V is for Vintage" but without the snark. I did snark on last year's birthday card but will give him a break on this big one! 


When I think 'vintage' I think wine. My brother was born in 1948 so I found a 1948 bottle of Chateau-Margaux Premier Grand Cru Classic online, printed the image, and fussy cut it out. I started with a panel of cream-colored text paper that I stamped a row of bottles and glasses (Unity Stamps "Drink & Cuss") in a claret ink. The sentiment is another Unity Stamp rubber stamp set "Let's Get 'Sip' Faced" that I gold heat-embossed onto a dark green card stock and mounted with metallic gold stock. After matting with a claret-colored paper, I mounted all of this to the face of an ivory card base and glued the bottle to it with some dimensional foam. The final step was to add some metallic die-cut stars and line a matching envelope with the same claret-colored paper.

Oh, and for anyone out there looking for a 1948 bottle of Chateau-Margaux Premier Grand Cru Classic, you can purchase one online for just $2,012!

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS Challenge #227 - V is for Vintage



5 comments:

  1. What a fun card for your brother! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect birthday card for a gentleman of a certain age! Even the ink you used - claret ink, adds to the perfection Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! Always love your cards, Fran. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me hurry out and purchase a case! LOL! This is just fabulous. I love how you personalized this just for him. Aged to Perfection is correct. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!
    Double the vintage references there! Nicely done
    Thanks for celebrating all things vintage with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete