Sunday, March 19, 2023

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

That's the CAS challenge theme our wonderful Ann has selected for this week's Paper Players #PP632. She's encouraging everyone to use flowers in your designs! 




This is the first week in our area that we actually think spring may be on its way! The first spring flowers I see in my garden are daffodils, followed by grape hyacinth. The daffodils blossoms are just starting to open, and I found myself wishing that I had some daffodil supplies. But, alas, I'm continuing in my promise to myself to buy no more supplies for a while.



I do, however, have this great Hampton Arts stamp set (#SC1013) that always says spring to me. I decided to use only pastel tones on it and started by stamping the outline image with PTI's ""Ripe Avocado" and filling in with Copic markers. I mounted a pale green panel to the face of a 5-1/2" square top-folded card base, then attached the colored floral image to that. I over-stamped the sentiment and added clear embossing powder to strengthen it. To draw additional attention to the sentiment I added a printed vellum flower and 3 tiny gems.  I die-cut a circle from the center of a slightly smaller square of card stock and mounted it to the face.


If you're as pleased about the arrival of spring as we are here in southern Oregon, then break out all of those beautiful floral supplies and have fun with us! And check out the gorgeous cards my fellow designers have posted for your inspiration. But remember that this challenge is a Clean and Simple one.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a stunning card, Fran! The coloring of the flowers is exquisite. I absolutely LOVE it. Clean, simple and perfect! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty image! I like the way you colored it. That yellow bloom in the back is sort of daffodil-like! Wonderful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran your envelope of blooms makes for a beautiful spring CAS card! I love the addition of the printed flower and gems to subtly draw the eye to the sentiment too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pretty little bouquet was a perfect choice for Ann's CAS challenge, Fran! I love the soft colors and the image itself is just delightful, especially framed as you did! Lots of interest and still CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, I love that you put your focal image inside the circle. It's a trick that really makes you focus on that fabulous envelope bursting with spring flowers. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, your card is gorgeous and it is CAS perfection! I love the little bouquet inside the envelope! The coloring is so pretty! Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card, Fran! The shading on your image is lovely and I love the little pop of sparkle. CAS perfection, for sure!

    ReplyDelete