Tuesday, March 28, 2023

STAY COZY

I took a bit of time out this morning to have some fun playing with Christmas Kickstart Challenge #72 - "Wrapped Up for Christmas". The challenge is to use a scarf! I immediately thought about My Favorite Things deer with their long necks that might need a scarf! 


I started with a stitched rectangle of white cardstock that I blind embossed with a snow patterned folder. I glued a couple of die-cut birch tree trunks (Impression Obsession) to the face and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black "Merry Up", splitting it between two colors. I added the deer and his antlers after coloring him a bit with a white Prismacolor pencil and dark brown marker. I cut a strip of red felt, cut tiny fringes on the ends, and wrapped it around his neck. The deer was attached with a couple of pieces of dimensional foam and a kraft matt added before attaching it all to the face of a white card base.



Christmas Kickstart Challenge: Challenge #72 - Reminder Post 


Added April 17, 2023:






5 comments:

  1. Spotted this cutie at Christmas Kickstart - love, love, love it, Fran! That reindeer with the sweet scarf really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Fran! I love that you gave him a real scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Fran, this is so lovely! I always admire your card so much. Thanks for joining Monika and me at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, Fran! Love every little thing and the details you added on you CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete