Sunday, April 30, 2023

THE PAPER PLAYERS - #638 "TIC-TAC -TOE"

Anne Marie has a really fun challenge for us this week at The Paper Players - it's a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! I selected the center across row - Ribbon/Die Cut/Patterned Paper because I wanted another excuse to pull out the Stampin' Up "Country Gingham" printed paper gifted to me by Ann.



I adore the peachy pink and yellow version of these papers. Digging through my stash of pieces of ribbon, I came across this beautiful rose-gold satin ribbon to use with the predominantly peachy pink but wasn't clear about what I wanted to do with it. The rosy golden tones of the ribbon suggested a wedding or engagement card, and while I don't need one at the moment, one never knows. I also found a small piece of rose-gold metallic wrapping paper as a mat that I had used some years ago to line envelopes for my husband's nephew's wedding invitations - you can see them here




I started with a 5-1/2" square card base. I edged a square piece of DSP with VersaMark Watermark ink and dipped the edges in Recollections "Champagne" embossing powder and attached it to the face of the card. I then die cut a piece of coordinating floral into a deckle edge rectangle. I fussy cut one of the floral centers from the scraps, curled the edges, and attached it to the center of the top flower, adding some champagne embossed dots. The sentiment is from an old wedding stamp set and I heat-embossed it on another scrap of coordinating paper and die cut a tag. The final steps were to punch a double rectangle at the top of the deckle-edged piece, thread the ribbon and tag through it, and attach all to the card with some dimensional foam.



I wasn't sure I would make the deadline this week because it's been such a hellish one - way too much stimulus! As I write this, we have three completely terrorized feral cats in cages that we just trapped and are over-nighting in our garage for a trip tomorrow morning to be spayed and neutered and released back into the community. One of them is a lactating mother, but I've been assured that spaying does not interrupt the milk - we just need to get her back to their babes as soon as possible after surgery, although we have no idea where she's hiding them. We'll be taking another two next week. I feel so sorry for these little creatures, but I know this is for the best. I don't mind feeding hungry animals, but I don't want them continuing to breed rampantly.

Update: We did get all three of the cats released, but they took off immediately. I'm assuming they'll arrive for the evening feeding. The little mama was pretty wobbly, and I hope she has reunited with her kitties and that they were still alive. 

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Fran! It will make a lovely wedding card or for any other special event. Wow, you really do have your hands full with all the feral cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Fran! I absolutely adore the way you added the ribbon. I need to look for a rectangle punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous florals and that ribbon treatment is beautiful! What a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, this is so pretty! I love the ribbon and the gorgeous florals! The little tag makes it so special, too! Have a great weekend, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, firstly..... bless you for trapping and neutering the cats. I know it is so stressful having to do it, but you are saving their lives even if they don't know it. I hope Mommy made it back OK to her babies. As for your card, I love the gorgeous tones and the popped up center adds wonderful texture and depth. Fabulous card, my friend. And thank you again for taking care of these babies
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Fran! I love the soft colours of the paper and your ribbon/tag treatment is fab - I love the unique way you often add features like this. Bravo on catching and releasing those feral cats - you are dedicated to the cause for sure.

    ReplyDelete