Sunday, May 14, 2023

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Today our Sunday challenge at The Paper Players PP640 aligns with Mother's Day and it's a perfect opportunity to use the color challenge for a Mother's Day card for my daughter-in-law.


Our color challenge by our beloved Jaydee is pink, green, silver/gray, and black & white. I decided to go primarily with the black & white, small touches of pink and green, and silver embellishments. I started by stamping HA + Gina K #PR101 twice - once on a white cardstock base and a second time on a smaller die cut stitched rectangle. I die cut a small square from the stitched rectangular panel and colored the blooms and leaves with markers and then attached it to the black and white panel with several additional layers of cardstock for a bit of dimension. I die cut a silver frame, tied a piece of twine around it, and attached it over the face of the card with some dimensional foam and added silver sequins.  

 

I stamped part of the rose image on another die cut stitched rectangle for the inside panel, stamped the sentiment in bright pink and added a die cut "happy" in the same silver stock as the frame.



Come and join us with Jaydee's color challenge!





While I'm adding this card to our challenge, I'm also sending it over to Shopping Our Stash #SOS496 - "She's a Lady" where the challenge is to make a card with a woman or for a special woman in our life. My daughter-in-law definitely qualifies!





18 comments:

  1. Fran, this is stunning! The overlay of the flowers to the envelope is genius! I love the frame around the colored blooms! STUNNING! You made this challenge shine! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to tell you how much I love this card! I love the frame around the spotlit image, and when I saw the inside, I loved it even more! I need to try this technique myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I didn't know what this technique is called until other members of our team named it for me, LeAnne! Thank you for your words of appreciation!

      Delete
  3. This is a new favorite from you Fran! I love every beautiful little detail on this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I always appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic Mother's Day card...from the spotlighting, the matching envelope, to the stamped inside...perfection!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "She's A Lady" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS496

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I always enjoy seeing your cards in our challenge as well!

      Delete
  5. Fran, this is a fabulous Mother's day card and I bet she loved it! As for me, I love that you went with touches of the remaining colors and kept the rest white with a touch of black. You used the spotlight technique beautifully. Fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, Your card is beautiful. I liked how you kicked the spotlight technique up a notch by adding the frame and twine. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy! And I didn't know this was called "spotlight technique" - it's one of my favorite things to do, so I'm glad you appreciated it!

      Delete
  7. Oh, wow, Fran! What a gorgeous example of the spotlight technique! The silver frame and sequins add the perfect amount of glitz. I am sure your daughter-in-law loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I just told Suzy that I didn't know this was called a "spotlight technique" - now I do - thanks!

      Delete
  8. This is just stunning Fran and a fabulous example of the spotlighting technique! It really makes the colours pop and the silver touches add just the right amount of sparkle! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love the pop of color you used with the classic black and white! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning, Fran! I love how you spotlighted the small square for the most amazing pop of color. The baker's twine adds so much detail, too. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and the inside is beautiful too. A clever way to highlight part of the image. The tied thread is an interesting way to add detail, very inventive. Sorry for the late commenting but Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete