Sunday, May 7, 2023

PAPER PLAYERS - RAINY DAYS

My goodness, another Sunday has rolled around, and this week our Paper Players challenge theme is brought to us by the wonderful Claire - "Rainy Days". We've had some of those this week here in southern Oregon.







And because the weather is overcast my cellphone photo is showing up as predominantly gray, instead of the subtle blue-gray-green of the Stampin' Up "Country Gingham" DSP that I used for background and mat on my 5-1/2" square card. I've used this Rain or Shine image and sentiment by Hot Off the Press, Inc. many times over the years. It's absolutely the only thing in my supply cache with any reference to rain. I printed the image twice with black ink - once on the patterned paper and once on white cardstock. I colored the sun directly on the patterned paper with Copic markers and then shaded and fussy cut the cloud and a couple of the raindrops and attached the cloud over the patterned paper with dimensional foam. The raindrops on the background paper got some white gel pen treatment and I added a couple of additional drops and then slipped the black and white sentiment strip under the cloud, trimmed it on the right side, punched a hole through the layers and added a couple of lengths of black and white baker's twine.

This is a fun theme and I'm hoping you'll all join in on the fun. 

Kittie Update: Well, Thursday night's final trapping yielded 2 cats. I was hoping for 3, but the trapping was fairly dramatic, and the final juvenile cat stayed away after almost being trapped. I trapped the final tuxedo (who, surprisingly to me, turned out to be a pregnant female - she's so small that I didn't know she had matured enough) and the neighborhood sperm donor - a huge Himalayan who has been responsible for lots of blue-eyed kittens that have popped up (a couple of which we have in our own home). He's a huge brute and I was never able to locate his owner, although he may be a stray. He's way smart and I watched him go into the first trap and reach over the trip plate and fish out the food with his paw! Then he entered the 2nd cage, and this time tripped the trap. He made quite a racket. 

Some of you have asked about the mama cat. After her release last Friday evening, we didn't see her for a couple of days. But she showed back up looking a bit more bright-eyed a couple of days later and very hungry. She has now been showing up regularly for feeding each morning and we're assuming she's still nursing her babies. They must be about 4 weeks old now, so it probably won't be long before she brings them into the patio. I still don't have the slightest idea where she's stashing them.

8 comments:

  1. Fran, this is just perfect for my theme challenge! I love the sentiment and those little rain drops with white gel are great! I love that the sun is peeking out to brighten someone's day! The little twine adds so much detail! You certainly made my challenge shine! Have a great week, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card to let someone know that they are on your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that swirly little cloud! This is cute, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sun shining through the gloom, love your card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Ann. All the elements come together perfectly, I hope you have a great week. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Only you could take a "cloudy sky" and make a wonderful card from it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Fran! I LOVE the cloud and sun images. This paper is the perfect backdrop for them. The twine treatment is so unique and clever. What a wonderful way to show support for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, so glad mama kitty is back and making regular appearances. Good job on catching the local Lothario, too. If he's a stray - I'd hate to meet his original owners - himalayans are not cheap! Now, your card. I love that image and the sentiment is perfect. I also love that you made a square card. love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete