Saturday, May 6, 2023

SLIMLINE BIRTHDAY

I had a bit of time to myself this afternoon, so chose to use it to enter a couple of challenges (instead of cleaning up my office/craft room). This week has been intense and it's nice to just kick back for a bit. I started by trying to come up with a way to combine this week's Color Throwdown #741 - "Sage Green, Pink, Yellow, and Brown" and Freshly Made Sketches #584 - "A Sketch by Linda".


I chose to do this as a slimline format because of the sketch by Linda being predominately horizontal. I cut and folded brown cardstock into a slimline top-folded card base. Then on white cardstock I stamped a cupcake image that I've had forever - I have no idea how long I've had it or who manufactured the set it came from, but I've used it many times before. I stamped it with PTI "Dark Chocolate", overlapping the images since my plan was to return and overlay individual pieced cupcakes in the three pastel tones. Before doing that, I colored the centers of each of the flames and then blended a yellow circle around each of the flames. I printed a bunch of cupcake papers on kraft paper and cut them out and pieced them onto the yellow, green, and pink cupcakes and then fussy cut all of the cupcakes out (cutting off the flame) and layered them on the face of the white panel. I also die cut the brown birthday sentiment from an old PTI birthday set and stamped a "HAPPY" vertically with brown ink. Finally, I matted the white panel with pink and glued all to the brown card base and made a coordinating envelope. It took many steps to make a simple card - I didn't bother to note all of the steps!

Color Throwdown: Color Throwdown Countdown #741







5 comments:

  1. What a sweet birthday card! Love the coordinating envelope, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly fun and a terrific slimline design -- really cute card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect slimline design! Love the row of delicious cupcakes! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Your cupcakes are delightful and work perfectly with the bold birthday sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete