Sunday, June 4, 2023

BUT WHO'S COUNTING?

Well, I am because he'll always be my "little boy"! 

How fortuitous that this week's challenge at The Paper Players is "It's a Man's World" and it's also my son's 49th birthday! The lovely and talented Ann is this week's hostess, and she has selected a masculine theme for our cards. I'm pumped!


There's no stamping anywhere on this card - it's all die-cuts and cut-outs. I started with a white card base and adhered a brown stitched rectangle to the face. I generated the sentiment on my computer and printed it directly on a piece of Alexandra Renke printed paper. Then I matted that with a die-cut red-orange stitched rectangle and added both layers over the brown layer. The numbers are from PTI and I cut them from both brown and red-orange card stock, offsetting them slightly to make them pop out from the background. Finally, I attached them and the Tim Holtz cut-out to the card. 

The Paper Players: PP643 - A Theme Challenge from Ann


Let's see what you can create for a man in your life - it seems tailor-made for Father's Day cards. Take a look at what the rest of the design team has created!

7 comments:

  1. I could not WAIT to comment on this card, I love it so much! I am a big fan of vintage images and this one is just perfect for the occasion. Great sentiment, great image and wonderful papers and colors! I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran this card is fantastic!! It's such an original design - love the vintage image and pop of red from the number; with the sentiment too - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, what a fabulous card. I love the design. I love the incorporation of the age and that little boy in his vintage clothing is classic - in all the right ways!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winner!! Gosh is this ever cute, Fran. What a fun vintage image! Happy Birthday to your son! Ours just celebrated his 42nd a couple of days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, What a great card, that vintage photo is so fun. I love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! The antique lover in me LOVED this vintage vibe, Fran. Your card is absolutely amazing. I love the die cut numbers, and the symbolism of the boy. Yep...our sons will always be our little boys. You definitely knocked it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool card, Fran! Love the vintage image and te bold die-cut numbers. Your son is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete