Sunday, June 11, 2023

SUNDAY HELLO

Hello! Here we are back at Sunday and ten days into the month of June - how did that happen? It's color week at The Paper Players and our beloved Anne Marie has chosen, for Challenge #PP644, Lost Lagoon, Lemon Lolly, and a neutral for us to play with. I chose to go with gray as my neutral.





My card base and Tim Holtz flower dies are all PTI cardstock, color "Ocean Tides". I die cut a pale gray linen-textured rectangle, stamped the sentiment with PTI "Ocean Tides", and mounted it to the front with a darker green mat. Over this I layered the Sizzix/Tim Holtz #661808 die cut flowers. Before gluing the first image I used pale yellow cardstock for the flowers and used a VersaMarker to darken portions of the stem and leaves. I also did this with a second bloom and laid it over the first one with some tiny bits of dimensional foam and added three clear gemstones that I had colored yellow with a Copic marker.  
 

The Paper Players: PP644 - A Color Challenge from Anne Marie


Now it's your turn - I look forward to seeing what you come up with! But first check out what all of our talented card designers have created with Anne Marie's light-hearted colors.

It was suggested that I also link this card up to the new challenge at Just Us Girls#683 - Word Week "Hello"



On a personal note, things have been in a bit of turmoil at our home due to some "improvements". I added the italics because we're at the point where it's hard to see that things are improving! Last year at about this time we had our front yard completely torn out to make way for a more water-wise landscape with native plants, grasses, and rocks. But in the middle of the tearing out our heat pump condenser broke down and we had to replace it and the pump, so we basically ran out of money. We've lived with just dirt for a year now, but finally on Wednesday we had men and machinery cutting trenches and setting lines for an irrigation system. We've hand-watered a very large lawn and surrounding flowers for more than 35 years and it was time to change all of that. Now it's still all dirt but we have irrigation black plastic pipes coming up and getting ready for bender board, sprinkler heads, drip lines, and a much smaller area of sod. I have a bunch of 1-gallon containers of ornamental grass, yarrow, and manzanita plants waiting in the wings to be planted soon, along with a couple of small trees. This won't complete the landscape, but it will fill in near the entry and the rest will be mulched until the fall or next spring when we refill the $ coffers.

In addition to all of the above, we had to replace the living room carpet because of all of the cat dramas. We chose to replace it with wood-textured luxury vinyl planks. The installers had to remove all of the wall base to slip the planks under and we've lived with gaps between the floor and wall boards for a couple of months, so yesterday a handyman came in to install shoe toe to the base - now I have to get busy and repaint all of the wall base and toe and finally pull the living room back together. I get weary with all of the half-finished projects!

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Oh my! I feel for you and your renovations! I hope all comes together soon and you can sigh a breath of relief and enjoy those updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray was a wonderful choice for those two colors, Fran, this is lovely! You should link this up over at JUGs for our Hello word week. Hang in there, all of those improvements will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pretty buttercup-like stems look fab against the grey panel Fran - I hope your crafting is bringing some much-needed respite amongst the home improvements! I'm right with you on half jobs - I have a few that I just never seem to get around to, but really should to give that 'finished' look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little bunch of flowers....I love that you diecut them! The sentiment is perfect too! I am sure the improvements will be worth it once they're all done! The vinyl "wood" flooring is wonderful..that's what we have too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, LeAnne! I'm liking the LVT better already! I would have preferred real oak, but the cost was over the top. I got as close to the tone in the rest of the house as I could and it will just have to be "good enough".

      Delete
  5. Oh Fran this is a beautiful CAS card. Love your choice of colours for the pretty dies. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious! I LOVE the tiny petite little flowers and stems, and they perfectly accent the CAS sentiment! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, I love the texture and those fabulous florals! Just gorgeous. As for your projects. Good for you on getting rid of the lawn. One of the biggest contributors to our pollinators dying off. What you are doing, as tiring as I am sure it must be looking at it - will be worth it for your pocket - and our pollinators! as for the LVP - so much better than carpet. Hope you get everything finished soon.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaydee. Yes, we are doing it for the pollinators as well! I have quite a crop of local milkweed right now in my backyard. I keep letting it reseed, hoping to feed a couple of monarchs as they work their way south. Our area was covered with milkweed until everyone started eradicating it to make their lawns and we hardly see any monarchs any more, but there is a local active group trying to put in waystations.

      Delete
  8. Fran, another gorgeous card. I love those flowers. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and delicate, Fran! Clean and perfect! Oh my gosh! There is so much going on at your house, inside and out. I can't wait to see pictures of your landscaping when it is completed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Fran, this is so soft and pretty! The subtle background texture is such a wonderful detail, too. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete