Thursday, June 15, 2023

FRIGHT NIGHT

Mid-June and time for a mid-month reminder to get your Halloween cards in for the June Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! Only 19-1/2 weeks until the Magic Witching Hour! If you have been following along with us, you're over half-way to having all of your Halloween cards finished and ready to send out.


I had originally intended to pursue my idea about a layered cake for this card, but I really ran short of time this week and opted for a design inspired by a couple of other challenges. I've had this "hound of hell" die from Whimsy Stamps ("Monster Parade Die Set #WSD488) that I've looked for an opportunity to use. I started with the current sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches #590 with three horizontal bands bleeding off on the right side of the card. After preparing a white card base by stamping a Tim Holtz cobweb on it with PTI "Soft Stone" and then stamping it a second time on a die-cut stitched rectangular panel. I then layered three scraps of printed papers over the front panel, attached it to the card base with dimensional foam, and slipped the banded papers under the top panel to continue to the right edge. The final step was my hound die cut from black card stock.

While I didn't follow the June mood board, you're welcome to come up with your interpretation, or anything Halloween. It's a fun challenge!

 Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: June Anything Halloween



This was my jumping-off point for my card this time around:

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #590 - A Sketch by Kim


And for good measure, I'm also entering my card in the Inkspirational Challenge #291 - "Seasonal":



Added June 24, 2023:



10 comments:

  1. OH WOW! This is awesome! Nicely done my friend! Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Halloween card! With the layers, it looks inspired by the bottom left image of the mood board to me. Love the card and matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I hadn't actually made the "fright" connection, Cindy! Thanks for your continued wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design that is both clean and detailed at the same time, Fran! Love the way it bleeds off both side of the main panel. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your three Halloween stripes! The cobweb behind it is a fun accent! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous Halloween card! I just love the paper and the colours and that hound and cobweb are fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab execution and design for your seasonal creation! Thank you for joining us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love your Halloween card! Fabulous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fran...popping in to let you know that your Fright Night Halloween card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Yayyy! Thank you so much for your support of our challenges; we love seeing your creations in the gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete