Thursday, June 1, 2023

TWO OLD BATS - JUNE CHALLENGE

We're closing in on Halloween now and it's time for the June Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! We have a great mood board for you with lots of ideas to choose from.



I decided to bake some cupcakes for you. I tried to bake a cake and I couldn't quite pull it off with the supplies on hand!



I had a black card base with a stitched die cut panel attached and the sentiment was already heat-embossed with red-orange embossing powder and edge-punched table cloth. I had stamped and heat embossed the cobweb because I had intended to use it as sugar work on top of the cake. Well, the cake didn't quite come up to my expectations after overworking it for a what felt like an entire day. So, I turned out the light and poured myself a glass of chardonnay and went back at the card this morning. I scrapped the cake and pulled out some other scraps and print and fussy cut some birthday cupcakes, covering the candles with candied toppers like in the photo. Some fussy-cut caramel candy corns finished everything off.

So, more and more crafters have been showing up to join in our fun - you have a month to do a card for our June challenge. Go see what the other designers have come up with as inspiration for our current mood board!

4 comments:

  1. I love this, so creative and fun and a fabulous take on the mood board, what a great inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sparkly webs, and drippy polka dot goo! This is fun, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fran this is spooktacular! What a clever take on our board! Another fabulously inspiring DT project ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun Halloween card, Fran! I like the little cupcake toppers and the sugary looking web and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete