Sunday, August 6, 2023

HAPPY SUMMER

Our creative Claire has the floor this week in our Paper Players Theme Challenge #PP652 "Hot Fun in the Summertime". This is her photo inspiration board:




I have an older stamp set with rows of watermelons, flip-flops, ice cream cones, and pineapples, and I decided on the pineapples. I've been fooling around this week with a rubber Unity Stamps "Bubbles Border" and had some left-over scraps that I didn't use, so I die cut a small rectangle from one of the experimental scraps I had created on polka-dot paper (you'll probably see more of this at a later date, since I still have scraps left). 


The scraps have the bubble border white heat embossed with some PTI "Ocean Tides" sponged at the bottom. I mounted the small rectangle to a white panel and then glued this to the card base that I had background stamped with pale blue ink and black sentiment. I stamped and colored the pineapples on white cardstock, fussy cut them, and glued them on the face. One of the pineapples was then given black embossed shades and a bow and glued over the top with dimensional foam. She ended up with a bit of attitude, which had been my intention!


Well, your turn! But first, go over and see what the rest of our talented designers has offered up as their "hot fun".

On a personal note: The front yard landscape project is finally completed until next spring! Here's what we started with:


This was all lawn that we have hand-watered for many years. When we started this whole thing, we had no idea it would be a full year to get the first phase in. This was last year when we had just had most of the old plants removed and the lawn scraped and turned.

Here we are today:


The light beige color in the back toward the patio area is decomposed granite and there will be mostly grasses and rocks put in there in the spring. The mulched area around the red bud tree will have native plants, grasses, and rocks in the spring. It feels really good to now have an irrigation system of lawn sprinklers and drip lines for the full area. I'm creating some steppingstones in the decomposed granite area using recycled metal hoops from old wine half-barrels, bricks, and rocks from the yard. Three down and three to go!


 

11 comments:

  1. Fran, this is so creative and FUN! I love the white heat embossed bubbles. They just pop off the blue background. Those little pineapples are so cute! Love it! Your yard looks fantastic. ENJOY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute, love the little shades! What a sigh of relief it must be for you to have come so far, your yard looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, Those little pineapple are just darling. I can't wait to see more of the bubbles. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, I love your fabulous card! The way you've used the bubble border is so unique and intriguing...make that amazing! Your new yard and entrance way is beautiful. I'm sure you'll have many good times sitting on the patio with that lovely scenery! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. The little pineapples are so cute and I love the bubble border. - Where in OR are you located? Just found your blog and really have enjoyed seeing your creations. Also your yard looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you've been doing with those bubbly stamps....they are quite tempting and I might have to try to find it myself! SO cute with the pineapples! And your yard is coming along nicely! Love the "stepping stones"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...this bubble stamp is amazing, Fran! I love how you have featured it on both layers of the card. The polka dot paper with the sponging is such a beautiful color. An adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the bubble stamp Fran and the way the design carries from the base to the panel and back. And the pineapples? So fun! Great work on the yard too - and the stepping stones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran, this is darling! Those itty bitty embossed shades are the perfect detail, too. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran, I wish more people took up lawn and put down native plants. Bless you for giving the wildlife and our pollinators a chance! Oh... and the card. Your sunbathing, sunglass wearing, pineapples make me smile! Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete