Tuesday, August 1, 2023

TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE - AUGUST

Time for the August Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! We have a great inspiration board, but you're free to share "anything Halloween". I chose the top left quadrant.







I started this card with a scrap of yellow card stock (left over from the menus at my son's wedding in September 2008!). I die cut a circle from a piece of paper and sponged on Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink. Then I sponged on orange, red, and sepia inks, as well as sepia tree branches at the bottom edges. Using an ancient clear stamp that I had never used, I overprinted the raven/gate image - then I immediately threw it away because I couldn't get a solid black image. I had to go back in with black markers to fill in the ravens. The "two old bats" at the top right are from Tim Holtz. Once the yellow/orange work was complete, I die cut the yellow cardstock with a deckle edge die and matted it with a larger black deckle edge rectangle. Finally, I attached a tag with a white heat-embossed sentiment, using yellow and white baker's twine. 

Remember that you can enter our challenge more than once, and our Design Team has some great inspirational ideas for you! 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulously created scene and a perfect take on the mood board, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, this is a great Halloween card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete