Sunday, September 24, 2023

COME & SIT FOR A SPELL

While I do two cards a month for my Design Team responsibilities on Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, you would think that by the time October rolls around I would have enough cards to send out to friends and family. However, that's not the case, so I need to fill in a few more by the middle of October. Enter Sunday and this week's challenge at The Paper Players! It's the talented and lovely Anne Marie's turn to host this week and she's come up with a great sketch for us. 

The Paper Players: PP659 - A Sketch Challenge from Anne Marie




I decided to use her sketch for an additional Halloween card. I started by punching blood drips from a strip of green paper and adhering it to the bottom of a top-folded black card base. Above this went a stripe of printed paper with the sentiment and spiders in orange, green, and purple and two purple strips above. I masked off the bottom half of the card and stamped a Tim Holtz spider web. The bottom green stripe looked a bit too plain, so I added another stripe of purple, black, and white bats from the same sheet of Graphic 45 as the sentiment, directly on the green panel to balance out the purple top half. The chair is a rubber stamp from Unity Stamp Company (#IB-121 "Spooky Chair"), stamped in black and fussy cut. I attached it to the face of the card with dimensional foam and finished with punching a hole in the right side of the sentiment and threading black embroidery floss through. I would have liked a darker and clearer image on the chair because you can't see the seat has "spooky" repeated across the width of the seat. Oh well.

The rest of the team has shared some great ideas, so visit their blogs and let them know how much you appreciate them!   

8 comments:

  1. This is a great Halloween card and a great take on the sketch, Fran! We may not be able to read *spooky* across the seat of the chair but we can see the skull and cross bones across the back of the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, Fran it's just spooky enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a perfectly wonderful spooky, scary, fun Halloween card! I especially like the drippy die at the bottom, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Fran! IS this cute, or what! The paper is spooky fun. And that chair...combined with "Sit For A Spell"...makes for a spooktacular focal point. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers , beautiful card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, Every time I scroll by your card I hear the line, "Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly". This is a perfect Halloween card- just spooky enough. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Halloween cards and this one is amazing!!!!!!! I love the papers you used and that chair remind me of the Adams Family! This is just perfect! This is my favorite card of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for my late comment - I'm playing catch-up this week but I just had to comment on this one Fran - so many fabulous details!! I love that each panel has a different design and the whole spooky Halloween vibe is awesome!

    ReplyDelete