Sunday, October 1, 2023

LOST IN SPACE

How much fun is this new theme challenge at the Paper Players? Our very talented Ann is this week's host, and she's chosen "Lost in Space" as theme #660.  





I have only one set of stamps that fit this bill, so that was a done deal when I saw the theme. It's Hero Arts #357 and I stamped it twice - once on this starry night printed paper and a second time on metallic silver vellum - and heat embossed it with dark blue embossing powder. I fussy cut the moon on the silver piece and glued it over the top of the starry night sky paper that I had die cut with a stitched rectangular die. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with silver and tied a shooting star tag to the bottom of the moon with fine silver thread. Finally, the die cut rectangle was matted with a second silver rectangle and attached to the face of a dark teal card base. I created a matching envelope from the starry sky printed paper.


It's really not obvious by my photos that the paper used for the moon, tag, and mat are all silver. 

It's now your turn to have some fun with Ann's wonderful theme! Check on the inspiring cards from the rest of our designers and let them know how much you enjoy their renditions.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Fran - that starry paper is so atmospheric and your moon makes a wonderful centrepiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the theme, Fran this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed this challenge! What a stunning image and your background fits it perfectly. I just love that moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, That paper and moon are fabulous. You made another fantastic card. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Fran...I absolutely love this moon image. You may have only had one set of stamps to fill the bill, but this image is perfect. The background is stunning. Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for rocking my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Love how you did the background. What's even better is that I realized I have that stamp in my wood block collection. Haven't used it in years though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card 👏💐 congrats
    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete