Sunday, October 1, 2023

COLOR HUES - CORAL & BLUE

Hello, all! I'm pleased to be Guest Designing at Color Hues for the next two weeks! Challenge #73 is "Coral and Blue" - two favorites of mine.




I chose a bright coral tone and navy blue for my colors. I started by stamping a script on white card stock in PTI "Enchanted Evening" ink. I separated the two lines of sentiment from Hampton Arts + Gina K and heat embossed the second line directly on the white card stock in dark blue. The first line was heat embossed in white on a strip of dark blue iridescent stock and layered over the script, then die cut into a deckled rectangle. I added a dark blue iridescent strip to the face of a white card base and tied it with some slightly lighter blue twine. I die cut three more layers of deckled rectangles to give dimension and attached all of them to the face of card base and added die cut flowers and leaves from Alexandra Renke, along with three coral-toned sequins. My cellphone is presenting this coral tone as a bit pinker than it actually is.


I'm hoping you'll follow me over to Color Hues and play along with the coral & blue challenge!



12 comments:

  1. Such a great job with the colors, Fran! Love the text background and the clean and simple design. The twine ties the card together wonderfully. We are so happy to have you with us at Color Hues! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Fran! The diecuts are so delicate and I love the way the navy stripe crossed the panels bringing the elements together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on guesting, Fran your card is marvelous! I like the sweet polka dot bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this arty take on the colours Fran. So pleased to have you guesting with us this time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous design, Fran! I love the layers and your bright coral. Thanks for making my colors into your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to have you as our guest designer - and talk about making an impact with your card. Love your design and, especially, the pretty, delicate die cut flowers.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deep navy color you chose. It's so striking. Loving the script too. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so wonderful having you as a guest designer, Fran and you've created such a gorgeous card in these colors! Love the deckled edge on the little triangle and of course the lovely bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty...love the eclectic feel you created here...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME card Fran...I'm loving all the little details that add up to a big WOW on this CAS and gorgeous card! I'm glad you went a little darker with the Navy Blue as it is so pretty next to the coral! Thanks so much for guesting and hanging out with us for the next 2 weeks at Color Hues!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fran that is a beautiful card and design with the challenges colors! Every piece is perfectly placed and yet the design stays CAS. Thank you so much for being our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card designs are always wonderful, and this is no exception! I love the way you've combined the elements and the layers--such an interesting arrangement and so pleasing! We're so happy to have you as our Guest Designer for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete