Sunday, October 1, 2023

MOON & PURPLE & BITS & PIECES

I'm trying to fill out a need for just a couple more Halloween cards and went deep into my scraps for this one. Because of my tenure at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, I have a bin filled with stamped and/or die cut bits and pieces that started as ideas but then were relegated to the bin for possible future use.  


I had a square black card base with an attached slightly smaller square of stamped cobwebs on white (Impression Obsession #CC141 "Spider Web") and I started with that. The purple circle with die cut black graveyard and moon was another scrap that I had started a card from a couple of years ago and never decided what to do with it. I mounted a printed cobweb pattern from last year's Park Lane "Haunted Hollow" 12x12 card stock pad over the white stamped square and attached the die cut circle. Using a scrap of purple polka dot card stock, I white heat embossed the sentiment and cut a Stampin' Up "Chalk Talk" tag, slipped it under the circle, punched a hole through all of the layers, and tied on a couple of lengths of purple and black twine. The final layer was a white card stock ghost (Tim Holtz) left over from a couple of years ago and I slipped a scrap of black behind his mouth and eye.

 

I photographed this card on a gray-toned statuary marble slab I use for rolling out pie dough. I was surprised to see that the photos came out with the marble looking like it's a lavender tone - not complaining, just saying. I'm going to share this card over at Toc, Tac Toe Challenge #228 before it closes. I selected the top row - Free/Moon/Purple.




3 comments:

  1. The face on that ghost makes this just creepy enough! Spooktacular card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween card! Love the graveyard scenic die cut for Halloween fun. I have that ghost and it's lots of fun to put him in different scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran... spoooooky! Love it! That ghost is just ghoulish... and so perfect on your layout. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete